[Icecast] Icecast? what it is? will it work for me?

Eric Robinson eric at wearesp.com
Fri Jun 17 18:21:16 UTC 2005

Thanks mike
let me get more detailed for you all then.

As i understand it - ICECAST - is actually the streaming server itself
but where does it reside?

I am looking to go back to broadcasting from a streaming server on a 24/7
basis.
I was looking through the documentation on the icecast site but
it talks of detials that i did not have to handle and my host company did.
What im looking for is:
A) How would i gain access of use of an icecast streaming server
B) What are the costs involved (per listener or per block of listeners)
C) Will i be able to have direct access to uploading the audio for streaming
D) Will i be able to have direct access to setting / editing a playlist of
the files.
F) When my djs Do their shows LIVE, what tools are usualy used or best
implemented for streaming directly to the icecast server from the djs remote
location.