[Icecast] admin.cgi metadata updates

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Tue Jun 14 13:16:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 06:39, Ross Levis wrote:
> I would just like to confirm that this is suppose to work with Ogg
> Vorbis streams.  I'm using 2.2-kh5 at a hosting company.
> http://servername.com:9876/admin.cgi?pass=mypassword&mode=updinfo&song=a_song_title
>
> I'm sure I have the correct servername, port and password, but it's not
> working.  I can do other admin tasks.  When I brought this up a few
> months ago I'm sure someone said it was implemented in v2.2.

2 issues to cover.

. kh10 is the latest, although kh11 should be available soon (no
problems reported so far with kh10 though).

. The URL you state above is the shoutcast style of updating metadata,
you'll note the lack of mountpoint, so shoutcast-mount is the mountpoint
that's used.  It's also not clear on why there is an Ogg Vorbis stream
on a shoutcast mountpoint ?

It may be that you are just using the wrong url for updating metadata,
eg

http://servername.com:9876/admin/metadata?mount=/stream.ogg&mode=updinfo&song=a_song_title

karl.