[Icecast] Changing info on Icecast "playing" page

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 17:22:02 UTC 2005

On 6/10/05, phil at therigbys.org <phil at therigbys.org> wrote:
> Is it possible to change the information that's displayed on the Icecast server status page?  I'd like to at least add the length of a track.

Yes, you can change the xsl files to display any information you want
to - but it has to be either hard-coded, or information that the
icecast server knows.

Icecast doesn't (and can't) know how long a track is. Icecast doesn't
really even know WHAT a 'track' is.

> Also, what exactly is the http://<server>:8000/admin/stats supposed to show?  I just see xml code for the regular status page...

That's what it's meant to have. The full XML includes more information
than is usually displayed in the html output (though this depends on
your XSL files).

Mike