[Icecast] icecast1 documentation

gARetH baBB hick.icecast at gink.org
Fri Jun 10 09:11:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, ml wrote:

> Tarballs of Karl's branch can be found at http://mediacast1.com/~karl/

I wouldn't recommend kh8 or kh9 - I'm going down trying them until I hit
kh3 (the last one I know works) or I find one that doesn't have problems
with on-demand relaying.

Most of the time it doesn't actually manage to do the relay (ending up
with a timeout and/or a 404), and there are other oddities I'm finding it
hard to pin down.

kh9 has the added nasty bug over kh8 in that it doesn't seem to count
relay listeners properly - so it never increases listeners above 0 to
decrease them to 0 again and thus kill the on-demand relay, so relays
started never stop.

I've only just started looking at this in the past half hour, so unsure
what exactly is happening.

Now to try kh7 ...

As said, I know kh3 definately works, as that is what I was using before I
decided to look at later ones.

Karl ?