[Icecast] icecast sound compressor

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Sat Jun 4 23:21:23 UTC 2005

It'll take a bit of setting up but you could use Miller Puckette's "Pd"
audio program (www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html) and download the
separate "plugin~" external (ftp://ftp.iem.at/pd/Externals/PLUGIN/) and
install. plugin~ allows you to load LADSPA plugins into Pd - and there's
a number of limiters and compressors available.

You would then need the "shoutcast~" external (and have the LAME libs
installed) to do the encoding and streaming to the server (icecast,
icecast2, shoutcast and darwin servers are supported by shoutcast).

There's probably easier ways, but this would work.

iain