[Icecast] on "source connect" script?

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Sat Jun 4 17:30:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 17:53, Stuart Nixon wrote:
> Hello All, I would like to run a script whenever a source connects to my
> icecast server, somelike on source connect run xyz script. is this
> possible?
>
> What i would like to achive is to have an email sent out whenever a
> source connects and also update a database with the fact it connected.
>
> any hints or tips on how to achive this would be welcomed

this already exists in my branch code, just add to <mount> either

<on-connect>/path/to/script</on-connect>
<on-disconnect>/path/to/script</on-disconnect>

It doesn't build on win32 as it does not make sense there, but most
platforms are ok.  The initial use was for kicking off externals apps
like transcoder or for reporting problems like via email.  Obviously be
aware that these will trigger if using on-demand relays.  There is only
one arg to each script currently and that is the mountpoint name.

I've just put up 2.2-kh9, which should fix the problem seen by people
with real/helix players with mp3 streams.

The usual places

svn on      http://svn.xiph.org/icecast/branches/kh/icecast
tarballs on http://mediacast1.com/~karl/

karl.