[Icecast] understanding error.log

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Jul 28 23:00:12 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 23:32, j h wrote:

> > As for the source of the relay, it can be shoutcast
> > or icecast, because
> > the relay is classed as a listener by the source.
>
> What if the source is neither icecast or shoutcast -
> but another mp3 stream source?  If it matters, why?

For existing players to work with that stream source, it must follow
some simple rules in what it sends, icecast just follows those.  It
could be possible that a certain streaming product could implement a
completely different protocol requiring a specific player to work and
that could prevent icecast from relaying it, however I don't see any
particular issue like that showing up.

karl.