WG: [Icecast] icecast source-buffer

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed Jul 27 21:31:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 20:39, Michael Kamleitner wrote:

> I have no idea about streamtranscoders tolerance either (it's config-file
> doesnt say anything about it). I also increased the source-timeout already
> to 30 sec., without any succes - what's happening is that icecast switches
> to the fallback-stream I have defined.

30 seconds is a large outage, don't be surprised if streamtranscoder
will drop/block connection on full socket.

> I thought it might help to increase the upstream-buffer...so, the when my
> source is off the net, the outtake can be bridged by icecast, but if I
> understand u correctly that's not possible?

The only lag that is added by icecast is the burst buffer, nothing else
is added to that.  You're better off falling back then bringing
listeners back after resuming.  The development code can fallback to
file which may be helpful to you as well.

karl.