[Icecast] relaying IceCast from ShoutCast

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 13:58:05 UTC 2005

On 20 Jul 2005 14:53:10 +0100, Karl Heyes <karl at xiph.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 14:33, Fred Black wrote:
> > This is killing me...
> > I've tried everything I can think of, but Icecast still crashes if I define
> > more than 10 listen-socket ports.  Is there a limit that's not documented or
> > is this a bug?  I'm using the latest Windows build that OddSock compiled.
> >
> > Thanks for any help/ideas
>
> There is a fixed compile limit of 10 listen sockets, but obviously
> icecast should not crash so there is a bug somewhere
>
> #define MAX_LISTEN_SOCKETS 10
>
> That can be increased but that would need recompiling, what would be a
> reasonable limit and do you need so many ports to listen on?

In fact, it could fairly easily be made dynamic, rather than having
this sort of static limit. The bug is pretty obvious, see
_parse_listen_socket() in cfgfile.c.

If you did make it dynamic, it'd likely be a good idea to make
connection.c:wait_for_serversock() not reallocate the entire poll or
select structures on every call, as that would get pretty inefficient
at several hundred sockets. But that's not really a big deal.

Mike