[Icecast] Oddcast & vorbisenc.dll

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Mon Jul 18 11:02:15 UTC 2005

Hey oddsock, I was wondering why vorbisenc.dll is statically linked inside oddcastv3, yet vorbis.dll, ogg.dll, etc is not.  This means I cannot update my stream to use a newer version of the encoder, and I can't try other tunings of encoders.

I'm wondering if this is a mistake since vorbisenc.dll is distributed in your package, yet it is not used.  It would be very nice if you could switch to dynamically loading vorbisenc.dll so I can update to the latest version of the aoTuVb4 encoder.

Regards,
Ross.