[Icecast] Can't get Master/ Server Relay to work

Fred Black fred at batanga.com
Thu Jul 14 14:01:54 UTC 2005

Oddsock: Thanks for the new windows exe .

I'm trying to get the master / server relay to work.

Here's the master-server entries from the xml file on the slave:
<master-server>38.116.36.8</master-server>
<master-server-port>8000</master-server-port>
<master-update-interval>120</master-update-interval>
<master-password>xxxx</master-password>

Here's the auth section from the xml file on the master:
   <authentication>
        <source-password>xxxx</source-password>
        <relay-password>xxxx</relay-password>
        <admin-user>admin</admin-user>
        <admin-password>xxxx</admin-password>
    </authentication>

looking in the logs on either box, I don't see any indication of "relay"
trying to log in on the master box or any errors on the slave box?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Fred