[Icecast] Players halting

Joe Mays jfmays at launchpad.win.net
Wed Jan 26 14:28:33 UTC 2005

I've had a few reports from people that they are listening to our
stream and getting the same behavior -- it runs for 5-30 seconds, then
stops. The problem is that they are using various players. One person
reported the issue from media player 9, I was listening from media
player 9 at the same time and it had been playing fine for an hour.
Her version was actually slightly newer than mine. I've also had
reports of this behavior from people using AOL Radio and an xmms
player on Freebsd. Most people can listen fine. Has anyone else heard
of this behavior here?

Joe