[Icecast] Players halting

Joe Mays mays at win.net
Fri Jan 28 15:22:45 UTC 2005

I've had a few reports from people that they are listening to our stream and getting
the same behavior -- it runs for 5-30 seconds, then stops. The problem is that they
are using various players. One person reported the issue from media player 9, I was
listening from media player 9 at the same time and it had been playing fine for an
hour. Her version was actually slightly newer than mine. I've also had reports of
this behavior from people using AOL Radio and an xmms player on Freebsd. Most people
can listen fine. Has anyone else heard of this behavior here?

Joe