[Icecast] .mp3 and .ogg streamed both as .ogg

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Tue Jan 25 02:35:45 UTC 2005

Hi:

You could invoke a decoder like mpg123 or madplay and get it to decode to
PCM, then take the PCM in via stdin and get Ices to encode and transmit.
Though I think you might ahve to get ogg via stdin if you're using a
script, so put ggenc in the pipe.  Now how you invoke it for those files
alone is going to be a bit tricky.

Same with FLAC too I guess, though maybe FLAC input could be added to Ices
(it's probably not that hard but I'm not a developer).

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html