[Icecast] http/cgi metadata updating

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Fri Jan 21 04:27:47 UTC 2005

At 10:15 PM 1/20/2005, you wrote:
>Ross Levis wrote:
>
>>While I'm rambling, is there any facility to display a history of tracks
>>played in a browser via Icecast?  I believe Shoutcast supports this.
>
>I understand that Icecast can now log track info, but I've not tried this
>feature.

yep, the config option is <playlistlog> and it goes in the <logging>
section of the config. Here is the description from the docs :
"Into this file, a log of all metadata for each mountpoint will be written.
The format of the logfile will most likely change over time as we narrow in
on a standard format for this. Currently, the file is pipe delimited. This
option is optional and can be removed entirely from the config file. "

I'd rather see people use this logfile rather than making icecast cache the
last X metadata updates for each source connection so that it could display
it on the status screen.

oddsock