[Icecast]client connections seems high

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Thu Jan 13 18:19:08 UTC 2005

I asked this questions before, but I think it got lost/ignored in all
the traffic.  So I'm asking it again.

Why would my clients number always be 113 larger than my number of
listeners?  It was right earlier today, but when I restarted the sources
it increased by 113, and it has stayed that high since then.  I find it
especially odd since I have clients set to 100 in icecast.xml, and this
constantly exceeds it.

Where does this number come from, and what does it mean if it isn't the
sum of the clients for each stream?  I know it should include static
content as well, but I don't have 113 clients constantly downloading
static content.  And why is it allowed to exceed my max clients anyway?

I actually asked another question too, but I think I'll ask one at a
time this time so it's more likely to get noticed.

Joel