[Icecast] Mozilla Player?

Arc arc at Xiph.org
Thu Jan 13 14:08:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 10:43:55PM +1300, Ross Levis wrote:
> I noticed lately a few listeners on my Vorbis stream using a player called:
> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
>
> I know Mozilla is a browser.  Does it have a Vorbis decoder built-in or
> what's the story.  Anyone?

Not as far as I know.

This more than likely means that someone was using Mozilla to record the
stream.  Icecast uses standard HTTP, so any web-based client can grab a
copy of the stream for archive/etc.  Are you linking to the .m3u's or to
the .ogg streams directly?

--

Diversity is the Fuel of Evolution,
 Conformity it's Starvation.

"The question is no longer between violence and non-violence;
 It is between non-violence and non-existence." - Martin Luther King, Jr