[Icecast] Darwin Server

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Jan 5 04:54:34 UTC 2005

This may be slightly off-topic but I'm trying to find out information about
the Darwin Streaming Server and what it may be compatible with, as far as
stream encoder formats.  I saw this mentioned in an update.

MP3 Streaming: You can serve standard MP3 files using Icecast-compatible
protocols over http. Build a playlist of MP3 files and serve them to MP3
clients such as iTunes, SoundJam and WinAmp for a simulated live experience.

Does this mean that Icecast compatible stream encoders, such as Oddcast, can
to connect to it?  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ross Levis.