[Icecast] yp dir

Dennis Heerema Dennis at Heerema.net
Mon Jan 3 16:32:15 UTC 2005

Karl Heyes schreef:

>On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 00:00, Dennis Heerema wrote:
>

>>Hi All,
>>
>>Maybe a strange question, is there any info or maybe even an template
>>for setting up an yp directory!
>>The idea to set one up for local purpuses like: espescially dutch
>>languages would be nice!
>>Maybe an extra setting in the stream clients to also give in the
>>language and maybe even country of orgin of the content could be any
>>help with that, could be a nice extra search option too for the current
>>YP dir's.
>>

>The YP spec can be added to without problem, the question is in what way
>is best.  We could allow an optional tag to be sent to the YP server
>which could contain extra information originating from the source
>client. That information could be free format so it would be up to the
>YP server to process it, however nothing like this has been decided on
>yet.
>
>karl.

Freeformat could be ok, but then again, this could be misused, should be
nice if this could be language / countrycodes only, like NL for dutch or
DE German...

And yes it should be comming from the sourceclient, because server
services are not always in the same country as the source is.

Regards,

Dennis