[Icecast] Disable Burst-on-Connect

Greg J. Ogonowski greg at orban.com
Mon Jan 3 05:01:01 UTC 2005

Thanks Karl-

Setting the burst-size to 0 does indeed disable Burst-on-Connect.

FYI:  I have verified that disabling Burst-on-Connect allows VLC Player to
play Icecast2 streams.
I am notifying the VLC developers of this, so hopefully they can support
Burst-on-Connect Icecast2 streams.  SHOUTcast burst seems to work just
fine, so maybe it won't be such a big problem to fix.  Any other
information on this might be helpful for me to pass on to the VLC
developers, if available.

What is the purpose of <burst-on-connect>, if <burst-size> overrides and
actually enables/disables?

Thanks again.
-greg.

At 07:09 2005-01-02, Karl Heyes wrote:
>On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 14:20, Greg J. Ogonowski wrote:
> > I am trying to narrow-down a problem with VLC Player and I would like to
> > temporarily disable burst-on-connect.  I have set this to 0, but it
> doesn't
> > seem to disable.
> >
> > <burst-on-connect>0</burst-on-connect>
>
>this is just a compatibility option for some pre 2.1 setups, the
>following option is overriding it
>
> > <burst-size>65535</burst-size>
>
>so now it's bursting 64k, try setting this burst-size to 0 instead.
>
>karl.

Greg J. Ogonowski
VP Product Development
ORBAN / CRL, Inc.