[Icecast] YP listings - how, why, where...

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Sun Jan 2 22:58:30 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 19:42, Dan Stowell wrote:

> No messages about either of those. I didn't set a value for
> <yp-url-timeout>, could that be an issue?

you should get some messages, either yp disabled, or YP thread started
at least, then adding YP server.

The timeout for each server is logged when the YP server details are
added to the active server list.  If you don't see the log message

"Adding new YP server ....."

then the YP server details are not being used, the usual cause of this
is that it's commented out.

> By the way, I noticed a typo in the documentation for this. In
> http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.2.0/icecast2_yp.html, the XML
> example omits the slashes from all three of the closing tags. Is it
> enough for me to mention it here, or should I tell someone else?

the website looks to be in transition at the moment, I can't checked the
docs, but those look to be missing from the docs in the tree so I'll fix
that up

karl.