[Icecast] Help! I have a question about configuration of icecast and oddcast

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Sun Jan 2 21:48:58 UTC 2005

All al wrote:

> Hey,
> I want to broadcast my music with the p2p program, but I in the processing to
> configuring my utilities such oddcast. I am behind a router and when I try to
> connect
> Oddcast I keep getting the message “unable to connect to socket”. What the
> heck does that mean? I think it has to do something with UDP and TCP, but I
> don’t know which one to choose when I’m port forwarding it from my router.

You'd want TCP for this.

> Also should I use “localhost” or the router IP address in the icecast.xml
> file, which would then be directed to my laptop. Please help, I want to share
> my music so badly, and will try anything!!!!!

I think you'd use your router address.

> Please give me instructions on it, from the “what to do if you are behind the
> router point of view”.

I think it would be easier for us to explain this if you could give us more
detail about your setup and what it is you're trying to do.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html