[Icecast] don´t lose the listners at dj changing

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Sun Jan 2 12:29:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 08:54, Carsten Henkel wrote:
> hi together,
>
> we using icecast 2.2.0 with suse linux 9.1 and mp3pro.
> i have many problems with icecast, because im finding no way to
> changing dj´s without lost a part auf our listners.
> the option   <client-timeout>45</client-timeout> dosent work. now at dj
> changing, icecast kick all listners, when the source diconnected.
> we have test the fallback option, here the winamp users dont move back
> automaticly to the main stream if the new source connected.
> i found no way, to halt all our listners at the dj changing.
> can you help me please ?

the use of <fallback-mount> and fallback-override> in the <mount>
section is what you need for this.  If the fallback stream is connected
and is of the same format then the clients will be moved to it, and from
it (if override is set).

make sure the fallback stream is connected because if it is not then
clients would have to be dropped.  Without your xml config it's hard to
be more specific.

karl.