[Icecast] Live streaming from Mac OS X

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Sat Jan 1 02:00:50 UTC 2005

Dwipal Desai wrote:

> Is there a way to tell icecast that the stream is mp3 ?

Well, now that I look at it, example.c is the one assuming that it's
vorbis.  You may be able to get away with changing line 51 which currently
reads:

      if (shout_set_format(shout, SHOUT_FORMAT_VORBIS) != SHOUTERR_SUCCESS)
{

Note that this is from the 2.0 tarball, there may be newer code, not sure.
Anyway, editing that line may work, don't know.

Didn't know that nicecast wasn't open source, didn't look that much into
it.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html