[Icecast] Can't change server_URL data

Greg J. Ogonowski greg at orban.com
Thu Feb 10 09:06:18 UTC 2005

The Stream URL may be changed under the Settings/Metadata Tab - Announce.
The current default is http://www.orban.com.

BTW:  If you use the syntax hTtP://your.stream.url  (NOTE hTtP) you will
force open the Winamp Minibrowser to the location specified in your Stream URL.

-greg.
ORBAN

At 13:31 2005-02-10 +0800, clowe at datafast.net.au wrote:
>Hi all,
>I'm using the Orban aacplus encoder, which sends the stream to my Icecast
>server.  The Orban encoder allows one to set the station name, stream
>title etc but there is no place for the station url, I suspect this has
>been hardcoded in as I've noticed a number of other stations using Orban's
>encoder also have links back to their web site.
>
>Is there a way to change or overide this in the icecast.xml file?
>
>server_URL: http://www.orban.com
>
>I using Windows 2000.
>

>Cheers
>
>Colin
>
>PS: Is there a search function for this email list, I can't find it if
>there is.

Greg J. Ogonowski
VP Product Development
ORBAN/CRL, Inc.