[Icecast] user Authentication - fail to add an user

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 23:52:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:07:59 +0100, Ron Blok <ronblok at wxs.nl> wrote:
> Guys,
> Thanks for the advise .... but I tried it initially with two separate
> <mount> .... </mount> blocks with the same result.
> Could it be a file/directory permission issue ? I am running it on Redhat 9.
> Do you have any other recommendations?

"Permission denied" suggests that it's a permissions issue.

Also, are you sure this is the right path? (you might want to try an
absolute path).

If you send the entire config file (with your passwords chopped out,
obviously), aloing with details of where you've installed icecast,
where you're starting it from, what user you're running it as, and a
directory listing showing the permissions of the "myauth" file, we
might be able to help more.

Mike