[Icecast] Log says yp updated but does not appear at dir.xiph.org

Neil Nelson xxx at mphmedia.net
Fri Dec 9 20:34:04 UTC 2005

On Windows XP I am running WinAMP to the Shoutcast server and then using
an Icecast 2.2.0 server as a relay. The idea is to have a single source
stream appear on both Shoutcast and Icecast directories.

The log gives the following lines repeatedly but my server does not show
when I search for it at http://dir.xiph.org and does not appear under
the Icecast Stream Directory on WinAmp.

> [2005-12-06  14:34:21] DBUG slave/slave.c checking master stream list
> [2005-12-06  14:34:31] DBUG stats/stats.c update node
> yp_currently_playing (Live From Cedar City, Utah USA)
> [2005-12-06  14:34:31] DBUG yp/yp.c YP touch at
> http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi succeeded

Thanks to Karl for correcting my prior problem.

> The oddsock.org YP hasn't been running for some time now so don't
> expect that one to work.  As for the 'preventing YP listings', I would
> guess that <no-yp> is enabled for the /stream <mount>
>
> karl.

Neil
MPHMedia