[Icecast] stupid user tricks with ices2: "No such file or directory" :P

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Dec 9 09:12:09 UTC 2005

On 12/7/05, John Hebert <metanoid at gmail.com> wrote:
> I must be doing something really stupid.
>
> I've read the docs for icecast2 and ices2. Icecast2 is running fine; I can
> get stats.xml and see that it is running.
>
> When I run ices2, I get the following error in ices.log :
> [2005-12-07  05:37:51] INFO
> playlist-basic/playlist_basic_get_next_filename Loading
> playlist from file "/home/john/playlist.txt"
> [2005-12-07  05:37:51] WARN playlist-builtin/playlist_read Error opening
> file " Vistors.ogg": No such file or directory
>
> And I've made playlist.txt as simple as I can:
>
> playlist.txt:
> /home/john/Visitors.ogg

Are you sure you've got IceS opening the playlist file you think you
do? I'd expect that the error message, if you got one, would refer to
"/home/john/Visitors.ogg", rather than just the last bit.

Also, in whatever file it IS reading, there appears to be a leading
space in the filename, it's trying to open " Vistors.ogg" rather than
"Visitors.ogg".

Mike