RES: [Icecast] Icecast Installation

Robert Muchnick hostmaster at xenterra.net
Fri Aug 5 02:27:14 UTC 2005

For icecast on Linux there really isn't anything special to do. In the
icecast-2.2.x directory where you unpacked the tar.gz, you'll find a
README file. Pertinent parts are:

"icecast requires the following packages :

* libxml2 - http://xmlsoft.org/downloads.html
* libxslt - http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/downloads.html
* curl - http://curl.haxx.se/download.html (>= version 7.10 required)
   NOTE: icecast may be compiled without curl, however this will
         disable all Directory server interaction (YP).
* ogg/vorbis - http://www.vorbis.com/files (>= version 1.0 required)"

and,

"To build icecast on a Unix platform, perform the following :

Run
    ./configure
    make
    make install"

Do that from within the top level of the source package, such as, for
example, "/usr/local/icecast-2.2.x". Doesn't get much simpler than that.

Check that your prerequisites are installed: /var/log/packages. They
*should* all be there with Slackware 10 unless you did a less than total
install of Slackware, in which case use installpkg and install them from
disk.

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Edemilson Aguiar wrote:

> Tks for you answer Robert,
> It's my first time with IceCast for Linux and if possible I would like to
> take a look in your configuration files or a how-to.
>
> Tks.

Robert Muchnick
Xenterra.net
720-276-7917