[Icecast] Installation problem

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Fri Aug 5 01:01:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 01:25, Ron Blok wrote:
> Dear Icecast community,
>
> I am trying to install Icecast 2.2 on a new server running FC2.
> At the start there was no GCC installed. I solved that using up2date.
> Still I am getting no luck with the ./configure command.
> The error message "configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails
> sanity check" doesn't make sense to me.
> I hope somebody can help me to overcome this hurdle.

This looks to be down to the version of autoconf that was used to build
the distribution, it's checking for C++ (something icecast doesn't use)
automatically and failing in your case.

I've rebuilt the tar for 2.2.0 using a new autoconf, can you try that

http://mediacast1.com/~karl/testing/icecast-2.2.0.tar.gz

let me know how that goes for you

karl.