[Icecast] WinAMP directory listing? and other questions...

Leo Currie leo.currie at strath.ac.uk
Sun Apr 17 15:08:48 UTC 2005

Rafael Fernandez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if Icecast servers are listed in the
> WinAMP directory?

Icecast servers are not listed at www.shoutcast.com, if thats what you
mean.

> I would also like to know how to include the title of
> the currently playing song in the Stream Title.

Sorry I don't know how you'd do that with ices.

> Does Icecast supports a "backup" file just as
> Shoutcast has for when the source clients goes
> offline?

Icecast has support for 'fallback' mountpoints, but AFAIK there is no
static file support, so you can fallback to another live stream but not
a static file.

(I hope this is all accurate)

Leo