[Icecast] Hello and Stream Listing

John john at kqlz.org
Tue Sep 28 05:13:33 UTC 2004

Hello Jason,

Jason wrote:

> Did you remove the <!--- and the --> around the directory section?
> Also icecast would need access to outgoing port 80.

I have limited control of the streaming server. I have a web control
panel and that's with a few setting that can be changed.
(start and stop the server, change passwords, setup relays and enter YP
servers)
There is a section "You can enter up to 5 yp directory servers" with the
radiotoolbox, oddsock and icecast already in it.
All I see in the box is what I posted.

> Or it could be this from the FAQ
> First of all, icecast must have been built with YP support. This is
> automatically done if you have libcurl installed. If libcurl is not
> detected when icecats is compiled, then YP support is disabled.

It should be Mediacast1 has a few icecast stations listed using ogg on
this server.

I wish I could see the error logs from the server that might give me a
better clue on what's happening.
The only options I have are "List MountPoints | Move Listeners | Stats |
Status Page " that's it!

John Silvers PD/CE
Pirate Radio 100.3 FM
http://www.kqlz.org