[Icecast] mp3 vs ogg question (reformatted)

Jason Jason at Weatherserver.net
Tue Sep 21 23:01:26 UTC 2004

Cool,  I'm slowing getting people to change over
http://dir.xiph.org/index.php?sgenre=Scanner
But alot of people still don't like the fact they can't list on
yp.shoutcast.com so they don't switch.

If you want to see the realtime update try
http://scanmassachusetts.no-ip.com:8000/capecod.ogg
Some guy made a windows app. that interacts with a police scanner with a
serial out. And sends the channel data through simplecast.

Now we are trying to get the linux users to have luck  with it.  We are
trying to use the
http://login:pass@yourserver:port/admin/metadata?mount=/MOUNTPOINT.ogg&mode=updinfo&song=New%20Title
Method which I just googled and found about 15 mins ago.