[Icecast] Icecast2 - different Qualities

EvilOverlord eviloverlord at imux.net
Sun Sep 12 12:00:33 UTC 2004

Daniel Fiene wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are streaming via oddcast/winamoo to icecast2 a 128kbit/s stream. I
> didn't find any information about offering a second version of the stream in
> a lower quality. Can I configure Icecast, that it takes the first mountpoint
> and gives it a second lower kbps rated mountpoint?
>
> Greetings and THX, Daniel

If you're wanting a second copy of the stream you either need a source
client which will produce that second stream from the same input, such
as IceS2 or you need to transcode the current stream with oddsock's
streamTranscoder.  There is currently no support for what you want in
the icecast server; encoding is something outside of its designated realm.

Stephen
--
Liveice Project http://liveice.sourceforge.net/