[Icecast] Stats Bug?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Sep 3 04:05:22 UTC 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 03:22, Jason L wrote:
> I use simplecast as the source into my icecast2 server. It has a built in
> stats program but the problem is that If my icecast server has over 2 mount
> points the stats stop working and the only way to fix it is to restart the
> icecast server.  Is there anyway to fix this bug myself?
>
> Inactive (Error parsing xml document: Invalid at the top level of the
> document.||||Line: 1||empty result)
>

> That is the error that simplecast gets from icecast.
>
> Thank you.

Since I don't actually have simplecast (or a system it could run on), I can't
directly test this. However, it's a problem that has been reported before,
and it's not an icecast bug.

simplecast is expecting a response in a particular format - and icecast has
never sent the stats response in that precise format. That's my guess,
anyway... If anyone could send me a network trace showing the statistics
request (from simplecast) and response (from icecast), I could check this.

Mike