[Icecast] Important please reply ASAP

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Fri Sep 3 04:01:20 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 10:45, Jason L wrote:
> #EXTM3U
> #EXTINF:-1,NYPD PRIMARY SERVER
> http://ve3nsv.no-ip.org:8000/nypd
> #EXTINF:-1,NYPD SECONDARY SERVER (DO NOT USE UNLESS PRIMARY FULL)
> http://scanner.weatherserver.net/nypdbackup
>

> If server 1 is full will this automaticlly roll over to server 2?
>
> File is named nypd.m3u

Icecast itself doesn't use m3u files (it can create them, but this isn't what
you're asking about). So, your question is actually about whether a
particular client (or clients) will do the "right" thing for your m3u file -
and we can't answer that. You'll have to test with each of the player
programs you're interested in using (whatever those might be). I'd expect
many players to successfully drop back to using the secondary server here.

Mike