[Icecast] Engelmann AudioJack

Andrew Burghardt abob at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 1 15:08:29 UTC 2004

Recently I've started to see quite a few clients connecting with
Engelmann AudioJack ('Engelmann Media Radio Listener' is the browser ID):

http://www.audiojack.org/?file=Index&lang=english

Anybody else seeing quite a few of these clients all of a sudden? I
don't have a windows box to try this software on, but from their website
it looks like something equivalent to the XM Radio recorder that made
headlines this week. Now presumably these aren't actually listeners, but
people connecting with this software to copy and extract songs. Often I
see these users connected for many consecutive hours. Anyways, I wanted
to get the community's thoughts on this...

--
Andrew Burghardt
abob at speakeasy.net