[Icecast] source client for ogg and mp3

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 15 16:16:10 UTC 2004

I'm somewhat new to icecast.  I've been using shoutcast for some time,
but I'm interested in trying out icecast for a number of reasons.  I
need to select a source client, and rather than figure it out on my own,
I thought I'd ask for some advice.  I'd like to stream both mp3 and ogg
formats from one source client, so what's a good source client that runs
in console linux that can take the soundcard line in and encode it into
both mp3 and ogg and send it to an icecast server?

Thanks for the advice,
Joel