[Icecast] Re: Archiving live streams broken down by time.

Andy Baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 15:57:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 08:53:27 -0500, Marion Hall wrote:

> With all of your help, I've got Ices & Icecast producing live streams for
> the internet.
>

> Is there a way that I can save an archive file by a time span; for example
> we have two radio shows that we want to have daily archives on the website,
> one that is from 7:30am to 8:00am and one that is from 3:00pm to 3:30pm.  Is
> there a way that they could be saved with a different filename each day.
> Ex.  OpenLine093004.ogg for the first show and SportsShow093004.ogg for the
> second show.  Then have the next day saved with the following date.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

One way to do it would be to run jack as a sound daemon, then use the
jackified version of ices to make the stream, and have a script which
kicks off a recording session using ecasound every 30 minutes.

But if you're happy to record the sessions at the same bitrate you're
streaming at, the other poster's solution with wget might be better.