[Icecast] Song Updates and buffer every 2-3min

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Mon Nov 29 20:35:32 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 16:29, Reef wrote:

> > The default module in the kh branch deals with multiple codec streams,
> > it's fairly trivial and was useful for testing theora streaming.
> > Handling rewriting of streams for this module was an extra level of
> > complexity that I didn't want at the time.
> >
> > I don't have the two merged together yet as it seemed like a low
> > priority, but if people want the stream rewriting of vorbis streams with
> > url metadata insertion then I could merge it across.
> >
> > karl.
>
> Is it ready? I tried to compile icecast 2.1.0 --enable-vorbis-updates but nothing happend, that is how I got there...
> I am a bash script programmer and I feel awful because I cannot help You.

As was mentioned, it's only on my branch which is like 2.1 with various
bits added.  My directory on mediacast1.com/~karl was out of action for
a while, looks to be down to a HD failure, but is up now.

you can also access SVN at

svn.xiph.org/icecast/branches/kh/icecast

On a related note, in svn I have merged the 2 modules previously
mentioned so that the --enable-vorbis-updates switch is longer needed
now. The merge is new so I could of broken something but so far things
look fine, if you want the stream rebuilding to occur (which includes
the URL updates) then add  <ogg-rebuild>1</ogg-rebuild> to the
appropriate <mount>

karl.