[Icecast] Kick/Ban listener ip

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Nov 29 19:20:11 UTC 2004

Delta wrote:
>   I s it possible to block access to all users from :"
> p????????.dip.t-dialin.net"  with IceCast or Shoutcast servers? These
> users seem to always attach themselves to the stream and even when
> banned continue to try to reconnect for hours.

please think twice before doing this. these names belong to dsl
customers of the german telekom (of which i happen to be one). by
blocking them, you are keeping several million people off your webcast.

probably the reconnects you see are stale filesharing links...
perhaps moving to another port will help.

	- Brian W. Kernighan

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)