[Icecast] delay in icecast stream

andy andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 21:25:26 UTC 2004

I'm using ices-kh and icecast to broadcast a stream. It's working well
apart from after about 8 hours the delay between the stream input and the
audio from the player increases to about 5 minutes. When I start it up,
it's only about 16 seconds. The metadata info in the server admin page
still updates at the right time, so I don't think it's a problem with the
streamer (ices). Stopping the player and reconnecting doesn't cure it
either. If you have any idea why this is happening and how to cure it, it
would be a help.

thanks, andy.