[Icecast] Client persistent connection

Pascal Grandjean - F5LEN grandjean.pascal at laposte.net
Sat Nov 20 14:50:51 UTC 2004

Hi the list.
Please excuse me for my poor english.
I'm runnig icecast2 on a fedora c2. It seem to work here with
various source clients like ice2  ice-0.4 and ezstream.
My goal is to broadcast some automatic alert messages (few per hours)
to some Winamp clients. Listeners clients must stay connected
even if there is no "sounds" to broadcast.
The alerts messages are some shorts mp3 samples manipulated with
a pl script.
My problem is that the listeners clients disconnect as soon as the stream
is ended. The connection stay persistent only with a .ogg mount point
and a live stream from the sound card but it's not my goal.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help.

Pascal