FW: [Icecast] Multi-Level Fallbacks

Klaas Jan Wierenga k.j.wierenga at home.nl
Mon Nov 15 21:49:26 UTC 2004

Hmm, if only I'd know that beforehand, would have saved me some development
work. Nevertheless, I got to know the icecast sourcecode a bit better :-).

Btw. do you have a similar solution for circular fallbacks? I.e. mountpoint
A fallback to B and mountpoint B fallback to A.
I tried doing this with the 2.1-trunk code and it didn't work, and I have a
one-line patch to make it work OK. If you're interested I can post it, if
there is a relay solution than maybe it's not needed.

I need this for one of my clients who sometime broadcasts from two locations
with different listeners and sometime broadcasts from one location. All
listeners should then fallback to whichever mountpoint is active.

Cheers,
KJ