[Icecast] How to not reencode with ices2

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Nov 11 16:16:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 15:50, Adi Linden wrote:
> It appears that no matter what I place into the <encode></encode> section
> of my ices2.xml, the stream is re-encoded. If I remove the
> <encode></encode> section alltogether my ogg files are streamed as is but
> the status page no longer shows the correct information. So what is the
> proper way to configure a stream that just 'passes through' the ogg files
> at whatever bitrate they were encoded at?

If encode is specified then re-encoding will be done.

When you are passing files as-is then some information is not available
at the time ices opens the connection to icecast. This needs improving
for the next release, but you should find that the icecast kh branch
should detected the settings no matter what headers are sent.

karl.