[Icecast] ICECast in Flash / IEWin

Ian Andrew Bell hello at ianbell.com
Sat Nov 13 23:44:30 UTC 2004

On 5-Nov-04, at 7:34 AM, oddsock wrote:

>> On 2-Nov-04, at 5:55 PM, Michael Smith wrote:
>>
>>> We don't sent a content-length header because there's no way to know
>>> the
>>> content length in advance - it's a stream, after all!
>
> I've added the conditional adding of the content-length header for
> flash clients, so this will be available in the 2.1 release.  As Mike
> had said, it's strange that it needs this, but we are willing to
> accommodate it.
>
> We seem to be having a bit of trouble with the mailing list at the
> moment, the 2.1 release is out now and available from www.icecast.org,
> and you should be seeing the announcement soon.

This seems to have been remedied anyway with the release of 2.1 ... we
were able to launch the station for testing and optimization with a
number of Icecast servers (running on RH Linux) relaying from two
AudioActive realtime encoders.  End client is (optimally) the flash
player.

The burst buffering is a cool feature, as well.

Check it out:	http://www.pulverradio.com

I sent out a message to this effect last week but suspect it didn't get
through..

-Ian.