[Icecast] query reg. streaming protocol

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Mon Nov 8 06:32:14 UTC 2004

Hi:

The most compatible implementation of the Shoutcast protocol I've seen, and
I've not tried many open source solutions, is Supercast
(http://supercast.sourceforge.net/).  It's written in Python.  Note that a
newer version with title streaming support is in production at ACB Radio,
but it's not on the SF project.  I must ask Matt about that.  And it
doesn't have YP support.

Matt did some reverse engineering to get some of the stuff to work.  The
shoutcast DSP works with it nicely, even showing the user how many
listeners they have, etc. the way the nullsoft server apparently does.

Anyway, just thought I'd put that out as an opensource shoutcast
implementation in case anyone wanted to look at it.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html