[icecast] ices scripting

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Sun May 30 22:38:12 UTC 2004

hello,

I wrote last week looking for some advice regarding remote stream
control...it seems xmms or noxmms could work ok in collboration with an
encoder for what i need. Many thanks for the advice that came
through the list regarding this. However, after several experiments  it
seems to me that instead of doing this, I should just be scripting
something to work directly with ices....

I was wondering if anyone on this list has any experience with writing
scripts for and ices-icecast combo? Specifically I am trying to do the
following things with ices and perl (or php):
- report status of stream (encoding/stopped)
- clear playlist
- load playlist
- report time elapsed of current file being encoded
- switch source to live stream
- read id3/ogg tag of current source

that might cover some of this area.

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide,

adam

http://www.radioqualia.net
Free as in 'media'