[icecast] YP submission / cURL issue. (icecast 2.0.1 / gentoo)

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu May 27 16:07:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 16:29, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'dve thought that there'd be no need for the libs in the chroot, as
> icecast starts up first, then chroots.  Even if this isn't strictly the
> case, wouldn't icecast crash if it couldn't pull in the relevant code?
> This doesn't seem to be happening, at least in this case.

The libs that Brendan mentioned are loaded after the start of the
program, in fact they are referenced when the host name is looked up.
The loading is done within libc so apps like icecast don't know it's
being done. ldd does not show these libs, but the mechanism is the same
as used by plugins of various apps.

karl.