[icecast] YP submission / cURL issue. (icecast 2.0.1 / gentoo)

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Wed May 26 14:04:14 UTC 2004

At 11:24 PM 5/25/2004, you wrote:
>Hello All:
>
>   I'm having troubles getting my YP submissions to go up correctly,
>unfortunately there's not much I've been able to find. I'm getting NACK back
>from the yp_add call, I've tried two different versions of cURL/libcURL on my
>gentoo box to see if it was that, no luck. I've also replicated the problem
>onto another gentoo box of mine and the exact same NACK/no request go out. The
>deps/build should be almost identical, however -- as I rsync / recompile my
>systems every 2-3 days. I've also had tcpdump running to see if anything is
>generated, nope. Any existing docs/urls that might help me out would be
>greatly
>appreciated but this doesn't appear to be standard operating procedure. It
>does
>run as a 'chroot', would this break things?! What sort of cURL stuff can I
>test
>to make sure IT works?

ince your not seeing any traffic in the tcpdump, it would seem that your
server is not even getting to contact the YP server at all.  ALthough from
your log it looks like it's trying to at least.  We've recently rewritten
the YP logic (in response to some periodic issues that were possible under
certain circumstances - none of which you actually are running into) and
added a bit better log messages as to what's happening when something goes
wrong (such as in this case).   So, I would suggest trying to run our
current Subversion version (I can create a snapshot if need be) and see if
you get any more messages that indicate what's happening...

and while I don't know of any reason that chroot could affect the YP, have
you tried running it in a non-chrooted jail ?

oddsock